Sanitation Marketing for Managers: Guidance and Tools for Program Development, July 2010
This manual provides guidance and tools for designing a sanitation marketing program. It guides professionals in the fields of sanitation and marketing to complete two important and necessary steps: (1) to comprehensively assess the current market for sanitation products and services and (2) to use the results of this assessment to design a multi-pronged strategy to:
• Build the capacity of appropriate market actors to provide necessary sanitation market functions;
• Create and strengthen the incentives for these actors to participate in the market and to collaborate with one another;
• Permit actors to proactively take on functions from which they will benefit, e.g., financially, politically
• Develop appropriate products and services that respond to consumer preferences; and
• Create appropriate marketing messages and plans for promotion and communication to market the products and services to consumers.